Registered Office: 3 Adelaide House, Corbygate Business Park, Priors Haw Road, Corby, Northants, NN17 5JG.
We will only use your personal information in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
We undertake measures to ensure that all personal information in our possession is processed in accordance with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA).
Collection and use of information
What personal information we collect:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our websites (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through our websites, and similar information);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our websites, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our websites’ services, trials of our software, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us i.e. telephone number and address.
If informed of changes we will update your personal information to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Using Personal Data
We may use your personal data to:
- Administer the websites;
- Improve your browsing experience;
- Enable your use of the services available on the websites;
- Send to you goods purchased via the websites, and supply to you services purchased or subscribed to via the websites;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the websites, products or services.
We may disclose your information to companies who act as ‘data processors’ on our behalf, some of whom may be outside the UK/EEA. However we do not sell, rent or otherwise distribute any personal information to third parties.
You will be given the opportunity on every marketing communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our emails/communications.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Avail Ltd will store all the personal data you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via our websites will be protected by industry standard cryptographic protocols.
You are responsible for keeping your password and users details confidential.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We operate under GDPR and DPA. We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining your consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
To meet our data protection obligations, we have established comprehensive and proportionate governance measures.
The DPA and GDPR apply to ‘personal data’ we process and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities we are responsible for:
We must ensure that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specified, explicitly and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and will be provided within one month of receipt. To obtain a copy of the personal details we hold on you, please write to us (Avail Ltd, 3 Adelaide House, Corbygate Business Park, Priors Haw Road, Corby, Northants, NN17 5JG) and provide us with your details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to rectification where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but will not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
- The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirements to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact our Privacy Officer, email@example.com, for more information about GDPR and your rights under data protection law or if you have a complaint about data protection at Avail Ltd.
Our supervisory authority for data protection compliance is the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data that lists which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- Our emails may contain a single “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for determining which of our emails are more interesting to users in order to improve the content of our emails over time.
- We use third parties, including Google Analytics, to collect anonymous user information. To learn more about how to we use a third party service to collect and use information click here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- The websites contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by Avail Ltd. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Avail Ltd provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites. When you visit one of these pages you may be sent cookies from these websites. We have no control over the settings of these cookies. If cookies concern you, we would recommend you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- You can turn cookies off but please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our websites do not work properly. You will, however, still be able to view the site.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Measuring website usage (Google analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use our websites. We do this to make sure they are meeting the users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. They do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Avail Ltd 3 Adelaide House
Corbygate Business Park
Priors Haw Road